Frequently Asked Questions by International Students

Click on each question to read the answer.


Is there an application fee?

If you complete the online application, there is no fee to apply.

When are the application deadlines?

For international students, all programs have a deadline for application materials of March 1 for fall and October 1 for spring.

How can materials be submitted?
  Online App graduate [at] usciences [dot] edu (Email) Mail Fax School/
Statement of
Professional Goals
X X X X  
MPH Essay X X X X  
Resume/CV X X X X  
WES evaluations
Letters of
  X X X  
GRE Scores         X
TEOFL Scores         X


Online App: Upload to our online application

Email: Email to graduate [at] usciences [dot] edu

Mail: University of the Sciences Admission Office, Box 4, 600 South 43 st., Philadelphia PA 19104

Fax: 215.536.8821

School/Agency: Sent by school or agency

When is the World Education Services transcript evaluation required?

WES ICAPS course-by-course evaluations are required for the application review process. They must be received by the admission office before your application will go to the program for review. Evaluations may be done by any NACES member.

Can I submit attested transcripts from my international college or university?

No. All transcripts from outside the United States must be evaluated by a university approved agency, WES or another NACES member.

Do I have to send in GRE results?

GRE scores are required for all graduate programs except Bioinformatics, Biomedical Writing, Brewing Science, M.S in Health Policy, Pharmacy Administration, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business, and Public Health. Applicants to other master level programs should have at least an overall score at the 50th percentile, PhD level programs at the 60th percentile. The university code is 2663. You do not need a department code.

Do I need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores?

The University requires TOEFL or IELTS scores for all applicants who are not native English speakers. Applicants should have a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on the IELTS, and 100 or 7.0 are the minimum scores to receive university-based aid.

Can I submit unofficial test results?

Official test scores are required and should be sent to USciences directly from the testing agency.

What is the ETS code number?

The University’s ETS code number is 2663. You do not need a department code.

When will I receive a decision?

Most applications will be reviewed after the application deadline for the target term – March 1 for fall and October 1 for spring. Applicants should expect the review process to take four weeks. Programs may choose to review applications completed ahead of those dates. The university notifies applicants as decisions are made.


How long will I have to respond if I am accepted?

In your acceptance letter, there will be a reply date that is usually two weeks after your acceptance date.

How do I enroll if I receive an acceptance letter?

In your acceptance letter, you will receive instructions about next steps. All students need to return the Enrollment Reservation Form. If you are requested to pay a $150 tuition deposit, your letter will give the web address and scramble code needed to pay your deposit. Your tuition deposit is credited on your student account.

Is the Enrollment Reservation Form required?

Yes, all admitted students must return their Enrollment Reservation Form. The Enrollment Reservation can be used to accept the offer, decline the offer, or request a deferment to a future entry term.

Financial Aid

Is there institutional funding?

Yes. Each program manages its own funding. There are a variety of ways a program may provide assistance. Amount and availability varies by program and by term. Typically, Ph.D. students are most likely to receive funding. Contact the director of your intended program for more information. Accepted students not offered aid in their first year may still receive aid in future terms.

How do I apply for institutional funds?

Applicants in review are automatically considered for funding during the admission process. You do not need to submit a separate application to be considered for funding.

Can I apply for financial aid?

Only US citizens may file the FAFSA to receive federal financial aid. For more information, contact the Financial Aid office. All graduate applicants are considered for university-based aid at the time of application reviews.

When do I submit the Certification of Finances Form?

All international students must submit a certification of finances after acceptance in order to receive an I-20. It is recommended that you submit your certification of finances form along with your enrollment form and deposit. Visit for more information. Questions? Contact Lynne Bell at l [dot] bell [at] usciences [dot] edu.


Who is the International Student Specialist?

Lynne Bell is our International Specialist. Her e-mail is l [dot] bell [at] usciences [dot] edu and her telephone number is 215.895.3135. If you have any questions about the I-20 process, please contact Ms. Bell. For more information visit their website:

If I am not accepted, may I reapply?

Yes, you may reapply for a future entry term by submitting a new primary application. If applying to the same degree program, it would be wise not to submit the exact same materials.

If I am not accepted, can I get feedback on my application?

It is USciences Graduate School’s policy to not give feedback on application decisions.

Is it possible to defer my enrollment?

If you wish to defer to a future entry term, you must pay your tuition deposit and return your Enrollment Reservation Form. Please complete Section D on the form. Your request to defer is sent to your Program Director for approval. If granted, you will receive a letter stating when you may enroll. An accepted student may only defer once.

When is Graduate Orientation?

Graduate Orientation for the fall semester is held in August during the week prior to classes starting. Graduate Orientation for the spring semester is held in January during the week prior to classes starting. International students are required to attend both days of graduate orientation. Please make your travel plans accordingly.

How do I register for classes?

You will register for classes at Graduate Orientation. Students in any of our on-line programs will also have the option of registering with directions from their department.

How do I find housing?

You can begin by visiting the USciences housing website:

How can I connect with other graduate students?

Please visit the Graduate Student Organization Facebook site: