International Student Checklist and Requirements
All information should be mailed to:
- Application—Apply online (free) or download PDF. Paper applications must be submitted with a $50 check (non-refundable) made payable to University of the Sciences.
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USP or PCPS, we will obtain this transcript for you. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by WES.
- • Statement of professional goals. All applicants must submit a 1000-word essay explaining specific short– and long-term study and career goals that the program will help address. If the applicant is applying to be a MS(Thesis) or Ph.D student, the applicant must identify at least two of the program's faculty whose research interests align most closely with their own interests and describe why she/he perceives this to be so. Essay may be submitted as part of application, as an email enclosure, or sent separately via postal mail.
- Resume or CV
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Programs may have additional requirements; please see below for programs with additional requirements.
- TOEFL scores—The University of the Sciences’ code for TOEFL is 2663. TOEFL scores are good for two years. Applicants must have earned a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL iBT examination (IELTS minimum of 6.5) to be considered for admission into a graduate program at USciences.
- GRE is required by the following programs: Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Cancer Biology, Chemistry, Health Policy, Health Psychology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, and Pharmacology & Toxicology.
Application deadline: October 1, 2013.
- Summer 2014—March 1, 2014
- Fall 2014—March 1, 2014
*Programs not admitting in spring term: Bioinformatics, Cancer Biology, Ph.D. in Health Policy, Health Psychology, and Pharmacology/Toxicology.
Accepted students that intend to enroll in USciences should confirm their enrollment. Here are two easy ways:
- Online reservation: Click here to submit your enrollment reservation and deposit.
Paper reservation: Simply fill out the enrollment reservation form that you received in your accepted student package, or download the form and mail your check or money order to:
University of the Sciences
Admission Office, Box 4
600 South 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Certification of Finances: Submit a certification of finances form to enroll at USciences.
- Complete the new student medical history and health insurance forms. These forms are required before you join us as a new student.