Saudi Arabian Students, Application and Enrollment Process
University of the Sciences welcomes applications from Saudi Arabian applicants under our agreement with the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission. This agreement allows admissible applicants to reserve a place in a future start term with the University while they pursue English training. This two-step process enables applicants to demonstrate their academic and language readiness to succeed in graduate studies at USciences. Your chosen academic program should relate to your previous undergraduate or graduate degree.
According to the agreement between University of the Sciences and the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, applicants for a conditional acceptance must submit the following:
- Application — Apply online (no application fee.)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended with all degrees documented. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by WES.
- Statement of Professional Goals. All applicants must submit a 1000-word essay explaining specific short– and long-term study and career goals that the program will help address. If the applicant is applying to be a MS (Thesis) or Ph.D. student, the applicant must identify at least two of the program's faculty whose research interests align most closely with their own interests and describe why she/he perceives this to be so. Essay may be submitted as part of application, as an email enclosure, or sent separately via postal mail.
- Resume or CV
- Three (3) written letters of recommendation.
- MPH Essay (MPH program only) — Please write an essay (three-page minimum) that describes the factors that influenced your interest in public health, your career goals in public health, and how a MPH degree, particularly one with a concentration in Health Policy, will help you achieve your goals, with specific examples included. Please describe how your academic and professional experiences have prepared you for success in the MPH program. If there are exceptional circumstances or gaps in your academic and/or professional experiences, please explain.
Applicants receiving an offer of conditional acceptance must follow these steps to receive a full acceptance:
- Return a Conditional Acceptance Supplemental Form.
- Stay in touch with Graduate Admission Office staff about your plans: graduate [at] usciences [dot] edu.
- Submit proof of your English language proficiency (see options below) within one year of receiving your conditional acceptance.
The following options are the approved ways to demonstrate your English proficiency:
- Attend and successfully complete all requirements for ELS, Level 112, English for Academic Purposes
- Attend and successfully complete all requirements for ELP 800 at the University of Pennsylvania
- Submit official TOEFL scores with 90 or above
- Submit official IELTS scores with 6.5 or above
- Submit a transcript from a U.S. college/university indicating you have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from that institution
- If you are currently attending an unapproved program, contact the Graduate Admission Office immediately
Once a full acceptance is received, follow these steps to enroll at USciences:
- Submit your Enrollment Reservation Form and tuition deposit, per the instructions in your acceptance letter.
- Submit your Certification of Finances form. Visit our International Student Services web site for more information. Questions? Contact Lynne Bell at l [dot] bell [at] usciences [dot] edu (l [dot] bell [at] usciences [dot] edu. )
- Complete a Student Health Record. Visit our Student Health web site for more information or contact Student Health and Counseling at 215-596-8980.
- Enroll in the University's Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) or provide proof of insurance. Visit our Student Health Insurance web site or contact Student Health and Counseling at 215-596-8536
- Submit your financial guarantee.
- Attend Graduate Orientation, a mandatory event for all new international graduate students (held the week before classes begin).
- Obtain housing – use the USciences off-campus housing guide.
- Join the Graduate Student Organization on Facebook.