Brewing Science Certificate Program Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree* (Highly recommended that your degree is in biology, chemistry, physics, or engineering)
- College-level competency (B- or better) in at least two of the following: Pre-calculus, General Biology, General Chemistry, or General Physics
*We will consider students with alternate degrees and significant brewing or analytical experience on a case-by-case basis.
Practical brewing experience will be advantageous but is not required for admission.
You need to submit an online application at http://recruiter.usciences.edu.
You will need the following information:
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USciences, USP, or PCPS, we will obtain this transcript for you. Transcripts should show GPA and competency in suggested coursework.
- A Statement of Purpose describing your interest, experience, and commitment to graduate study in brewing science – not to exceed 1,000 words.
- A Reference List with three contacts including email and telephone numbers.
The enrollment deadline for the current year is August 1st. We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis until all seats have been filled. You are encouraged to submit your application early for priority review.
The program comprises 18 credit hours at $1,100 per credit. This cost includes all laboratory and analytical material but does not cover textbooks or personal travel to or from USciences. Classes occur on campus but this is not a residential program.
A nonrefundable deposit of $150.00 is due after acceptance to the program to guarantee your placement. This deposit will count towards your account balance. After each semester of enrollment, your account balance will be assessed.