John A. Beutler PhD
John A. Beutler PhD
Adjunct Associate Professor of Cell Biology
PhD (PCP&S) MSc (Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science) BA (Vassar College)
Selected Scholarly Activity
- "Synthesis and structure activity studies of chweinfurthin B analogs: Evidence for the importance of a D-ring hydrogen bond donor in expression of differential cytotoxicity." JD Neighbors, MS Salnikova, JA Beutler and DF Wiemer. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 14: 1771-1784, 2006.
- "Inhibition of transcription factor NF-kB signaling proteins IKKB and p65 through specific cysteine residues by epoxyquinone A monomer: Correlation with its anti-cancer cell growth activity." MC Liang, S Bardhan, EA Pace, D Rosman, JA Beutler, JA Porco Jr, and TD Gilmore. Biochem. Pharmacol. 71:634-645, 2006.
- "Selective inhibition of HIV-1 reverse transciptase-associated ribonuclease H activity by hydroxylated tropolones." SR Budihas, II Gorshkova, SA Gaidamakov, A Wamiru, MK Bona, MA Parniak, RC Crouch, JB McMahon, JA Beutler and SFJ LeGrice. Nucl. Acids Res. 33:1249-1256, 2005.
- "Secondary metabolites of Phlomis viscosa and their biological activities." I Calis, H Kirmizibekmez, D Tasdemir, P Ruedi, AA Donmez, FN Yalcin, E Kilic, M Ozalp, and JA Beutler. Turkish J. Chem. 29: 71-81, 2005.
- "Synthesis of nonracemic 3-deoxyschweinfurthin B." JD Neighbors, JA Beutler, and DF Wiemer. J. Org. Chem. 70: 925-931, 2005.
- "Synthesis of Vedelianin Analogues." American Chemical Society Great Lakes Regional Meeting, June 2006. Nolan R. Mente, Jeffrey D. Neighbors, John A. Beutler, David F. Wiemer.
- "Exploring the Mechanism of Specific Inhibition of the HIV-1 RNase H Domain by beta-Thujaplicinol" Cold Spring Harbor Meeting on Retroviruses, May, 2006. G. Beilhartz, D. Eggink, S.F.J. Le Grice, J.A. Beutler, M. Gotte.
- "Identifying Small-Molecule Antagonists of HIV-1 and Human Ribonuclease H Activity via High-Throughput Screening." 7th International Meeting on Ribonucleaes, Stara Lesna, Slovak Republic, June 2005. RJ Crouch, J Beutler, S Budihas, M Parniak, A Wamiru, R Gardella, J Wilson, S Gaidamakov, N Shulley, K Chan, S Le Grice, J McMahon.
- "The Schweinfurthins: Issues in Development of a Plant-Derived Anticancer Lead." Frontis Workshop, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Wageningen, Netherlands, April, 2005. JA Beutler.
- "3-Deoxyschweinfurthin B: A Synthetic Schweinfurthin with Anticancer Activity" Am. Chem. Soc. Midwest Regional Mtg., October, 2004. JD Neighbors, M. Salnikova, DF Wiemer, JA Beulter.
Staff Scientist Molecular Targets Development Program Center for Cancer Research National Cancer Institute
|Office location:||Molecular Targets Development Program|
|Mailing address:||Bldg. 560-15, NCI at Frederick|
|Frederick, MD 21702-1201|
jb123w [at] nih [dot] gov