Jessica M. Sautter PhD
Jessica Sautter PhD
Assistant Professor of Medical Sociology
BA, Sociology & Psychology, The College of New Jersey
MA, Sociology, Duke University
PhD, Sociology, Duke University
- Medical sociology: Social epidemiology, Stress processes and mental health, Disability and chronic illness
- Health services research: Patient-caregiver well-being near the end of life, Cost-related nonadherence, Community- and home-based care
- Methodology: Survey research, longitudinal analysis
Dr. Sautter’s research and teaching interests focus on demographic and psychosocial approaches to health and aging, with applications in health policy, health services research, and advanced quantitative methods. Her research examines patterns of health among older adults in the US and China and trajectories of well-being across the course of advanced illness. Dr. Sautter teaches Introduction to Sociology as well as courses in research methods, public health, and death and dying; she enjoys working with sociology and social science minors on Independent Study and Directed Research projects. Her service activities include an Associate Editor position with BMC Geriatrics as well as 10 years of involvement with Meals on Wheels organizations as a student intern, volunteer, researcher, and member of the Board of Directors.
Selected Scholarly Activity
- Burton, A.M., J.M. Sautter, J.A. Tulsky, M.K. Olsen, J.H. Lindquist, L. Wood, J.C. Hays, S.I. Zimmerman, and K.E. Steinhauser. 2012. “Burden and well-being among a diverse sample of cancer, CHF, and COPD caregivers." JPSM 44(3): 410-420.
- Sautter, J.M., P.A. Thomas, M.E. Dupre, and L.K. George. 2012. "Socioeconomic status and the black-white mortality crossover." American Journal of Public Health 102(8): 1566-1571.
- Gu, D., J.M. Sautter, C. Huang, and Z. Yi. 2011. "Health inputs and cumulative health deficits among the older Chinese." Social Science & Medicine 72(5): 806-814.
|Office location:||Kline Hall Room 206|
|Mailing address:||University of Sciences|
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
j [dot] sautter [at] usciences [dot] edu